Spiced Butternut and Butterbean Soup
Ingredients (serves 4)
1 medium butternut squash
1 sweet potato (skin on)
half a red onion
1 can butter beans (drained)
1 inch fresh ginger
3 cloves of garlic
1 vegetable stock cube
4tsp pumpkin seeds
1. Roast the butternut squash in a bakings dish with a drizzle of olive oil and a pinch of black pepper – slow roast at 200 degrees, for 30minutes.
2. In a saucepan, fry the onion in water. Add the stock, chopped sweet potato, and roasted butternut squash, garlic, ginger, cumin, turmeric and cutter beans. Boil until the potato is soft and blend until smooth.
3. Serve with a sprinkle of pumpkin seeds, or make my roasted beetroot crisps to sprinkle on top.
For the Beetroot crisps:
1. Finely slice 2 beetroots (using a sharp knife or a cheese slice)
2. Combine the beetroot slices with 2tbsp olive oil and 1tsp cayenne pepper
Preheat the oven to gas 6, 200°C, fan 180°C – bake for 10-15min until golden and crispy.