Chickpea, Sweet Potato and Corn Curry
Ingredients (serves 4)
1 medium sweet potato (chopped into chunks)
100g frozen sweetcorn
1 large onion
4-5 small new potatoes
1 can drained chickpeas
1 can coconut milk
2 tsp tumeric
1 tsp cumin
1 fresh red chilli
1 bunch coriander
2 tbsp frozen sweetcorn (for toasting)
2 tbsp peanuts
1 tbsp olive oil
Salt and Pepper
1. Finely chop (or blend) the onion. In a large non-stick saucepan, fry the onion on a medium heat in the olive oil.
2. In a food processor, blend the raw new potatoes, coconut milk and 100g frozen sweetcorn until smooth. Add to the saucepan and simmer on a low heat. Add the turmeric, cumin, sweet potato and chickpeas.
3. Simmer on a medium heat until the sweet potatoes are cooked through.
4. In a frying pan. Toast the sweetcorn and peanuts until golden.
5. Serve the curry with your favourite rice, top with the toasted sweetcorn, peanuts, fresh chillis and coriander.